Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Why is Turbo C++ still being used in Indian schools and colleges?

Have a look at the screenshot...



Wrote this post at Quora almost 6 years ago. 

Here's the link...

https://qr.ae/p2NPOl

Today I asked ChatGPT about the latest status... 

and to my surprise, I got the above answer... 

I am a software professional with many years of experience. Now I train and coach others in different software technologies. Many of my students are from CBSE 10+2 and they use Turbo C++ at school.

When I asked them why their school is still using it, they said probably the CBSE board has asked the schools to do so. 

This is really a dangerous trend - training students with obsolete technologies. Turbo C++ is really prehistoric and it does not have the standard header files of modern C++ (like std :: string). I am not sure why CBSE has not banned Turbo C++ in school. 

While at my training institute, I use Eclipse with CDT plugin alongside Cygwin & GCC compiler and I install the same on my students’ computers, but this should be a normal way of dealing with software rather than an exception.

No wonder the Indian graduates mostly have half-baked knowledge and remain unemployable for a long time till they learn by rote learning about a few historical events and general knowledge and crack an equally boring Govt. job…


Babus in the Department of Education must be progressive.


It's time for a collective introspection - there is no shortcut to build skills - many night outs in front of a computer is the only answer. To clean up the swamp we must shake up the education system as practised in today's Bharat...


Is anybody listening?


Wake up, please - or else the news like the Rs. 20000 salary per month for a fresh engineering graduate which is even less than that of a driver or a house maid, will dominate the Indian corporate sectors.

No comments: