Thursday, January 12, 2023

A little ray of Hope at the end of the tunnel - a little progress in the journey of Fluid Simulation...




There is no shortcut to success...


It depends on sheer hard work, burning the midnight oil in front of the computer, and of course, luck and destiny...

On this auspicious day of Swami Vivekananda's birthday, I am reiterating my faith in #karmyog - this is the best way to ward off depression, loneliness, and all sorts of modern-day psychological hazards - the best way to attain #wisdom

Once the purpose of a person's life is attuned to his/her skill and ability - there won't be any looking back for that person.

I remember, one of the reasons for my coming to the software world was the hollowness of my job at the Indian corporate headquarter of a Fortune 25 company (at that time).

I used to say it loud that most of us at the junior level till the high and middle management level are simply busy doing time pass activities all through the day - wasting a lot of company resources by making useless presentations and all sorts of time passing documents just to showcase that we are all playing important roles in the company - whereas the multi-million dollar deal will most probably be done at the golf club and in between the top boss of the telecom service provider and the top boss from the mother organization of the transnational company.

So why waste time there?

Rather it was good to choose a profession where I can enjoy the result of my karma instantly on the monitor of the computer.

In the age when there was no Google, it was a difficult decision for me - however, the risk was worth to be considered.

I remember after I joined the software bandwagon and started understanding the nitty-gritty of Object-Oriented Software, the major hurdle was to decipher what the ## (double hashes) does in C++ (it was part of the boilerplate code of the MFC/VC++ message_map macro) which was automatically produced by the wizard.

And as there was no #Google, I had to wait quite a long before it became clear to me. Later, when I was deciphering the service framework code of the Android, I found similar code and I thanked my inquisitive nature that I was able to showcase in the beginning.

Knowledge is all-powerful and it makes one a really interesting person.
 

No comments: